Thursday, April 18, 2013

A week with out Facebook (day 2)

Well with finals quickly approaching I'm finding everything I can to distract my self from the imminent, torturous amount of studying I have to do. With that, I have decided that it was in my best interest to deactivate my facebook account for the week, something that I have never done before. This time I felt the need to though.  Facebook has become too big of a part of my life. I wake up and check it, I look while I'm eating lunch, come home from school and check it and am on most of the night playing "Candy Crush" or Word with Friends.  I have decided that that is not necessary for me, especially when I should be studying. 

So, how is my journey going? 
I deactivated last night just before 8 PM. I feel like I'm in withdraw.  Because of my constant use, I have become addicted and that fact drives me crazy. How could something so silly as Facebook take up so much of my time. Why not something like Prayer or reading the Bible? That's one thing I hope to gain from this week also. I have been striving to be there for a friend that is trying to trust fully on the Lord and I've been placing Him on the back burner. Starting to trust fully in the Lord was a huge decision and so hard to follow through with. I know what she is going through. I think I'll make my testimony another post. It deserves it's own because of the importance of it. 

Back to my no facebook journey. 
Today, I broke. I got on R's facebook page. I don't even know why I did it. I don't know half of his friends that post things but I need to see what was going on. Facebook is the way I keep in contact with my friends who live other places. It's how I see pictures and updates on my nephew in Texas. So will I go back to facebook after this hiatus. Absolutely. There's no way I'm going to miss out on those pictures and "watching" nephews and best friend's baby grow up. They already grow up too fast as it is. I just don't want it to consume my life. Right now, nursing school does enough of that! 

I have to confess that I am using twitter and pinterest way too much. I almost wish I could deactivate pinterest for the week too. I would also say twitter but I use it to follow news sites, thus it's my primary resource to know what's going on. I don't tweet that much (yet) still trying to get the hang of it. Greatful for using it as a news source though. Especially with all that happened this week. 
To wrap it up, let's all say a prayer for Boston and West, Tx. I can't imagine either situation happening in this area, I'm thankful for that and terrified. 
We had a brief review of our mass casualty training tonight at our EMS meeting but I just don't know how I will react, which I think is what scares me the most. 

God works in mysterious ways. His answer may not always be ours. Be quiet and listen, seek and find. 

Stay tuned for more facebook free updates, a testimony, a recipe and who knows what else will be coming! Until then, 

May the Lord bless and keep you, The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment