Monday, June 6, 2016

Cheater, Cheater, pumpkin eater.

Let's preface this by saying, I'm a cheater. Yes, I try to follow rules and behave as I'm supposed to but I cheat. In high school, a friend and I sat by the wall and would put our vocabulary books behind the AC unit when we had tests. In college, I used google to find tricks to make my papers longer. And now, as an adult, I'm cheating when it comes to my health.  I don't work out and I don't eat as healthy as I should. Due to having a baby, my blood pressure has been high and I'm on medication, something I'd like to get rid of.  And tonight, I'm counting the kettle corn I'm going to eat as my extra yellow container I still need.

21 day fix is a portion control system that uses color coded Tupperware containers to help with portion control. Today was my first day, and I have already cheated. First thing this morning, I put creamer in my coffee. I will say I only used 1 teaspoon and I did it because I didn't want to just toss the creamer. This is my 'trial' round to help me get things figured out and how well I like doing it. So far, so good.

Although 21 day fix does seem to be a fad diet, it's more than that. (I am not a beachbody coach. just speaking from my experience!) It's a program that teaches about portion control and gives you tools for success.  And it isn't starving yourself. I struggled with eating my lunch today because of the required amounts of food I am supposed to have.  My lunch was seasoned hamburger, lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers, mushrooms and cottage cheese, as well as a dressing. It was delicious. Today has probably been some of the best food i've had in a while! Tonight I made mini meatloaves, roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes.

I have plans for tomorrows meals, which isn't completely out of the ordinary for me as I do like to plan but this takes some figuring to make sure all of the containers are accounted for during the day. Having things prepped and ready for tomorrow will make getting up at 5 AM for work much easier!

 I have yet to start the workouts, so I can't comment on them. I'm hoping to get one in tonight yet.

Follow me on my journey over the next 21 days. (As part of our support group, we are also doing "The Love Dare". I will likely have posts on how that is going too, if I remember. I'm trying to keep accountable without commenting like crazy in our group app so people don't get tired of me! :)
If you'd like to know more about my meals let me  know.

~H

No comments:

Post a Comment