Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Bridesmaids Gifts

Girls, if you are reading this please stop! I'm uber excited to share these with you and want you to be surprised! 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|

|










I used Publisher and set the paper size to a little bit smaller than my frame. That I found at Dollar Tree! Unfortuantly they only had 3 and I need 1 or 2 more so hopefully I can find something similar.
The thing that took the most time was finding the letters on google. I tried searching for "Looks like a letter S" or "shaped like a letter t" or thought of something that would be that letter. You could also take pictures yourself but I didn't want to spend that much time and was pretty happy with what I found.  This one is a nurse so I did a couple things that reflected that (the stethoscope and bandaid). This is the first one I did but I am going to try to incorporate what each of the girls does into them.

You can format the pictures so that they are grey scale (don't do black and white as it doesn't look as nice) to do this, right click on the photo choose format picture and then on the picture tab there is a drop down box that says color. Change it to greyscale.

You can try to resize the pictures on this menu too, by clicking the size tab. Uncheck the lock aspect ratio box and then above that change it to the sizes you want. If you manually do one picture you can see what size you'll need. I found it almost easier to just manual change the picture size with the little white circles that come when you click the picture. Don't just use the corners but skew it with the horizontal and vertical ones. I just guessed what size and had to make some a little bigger than others so that they would all fit. 

I made the pictures take up a little over half of the frame. I used a black line to separate the top and bottom, this way if the photos aren't perfectly lined up it's hidden. {It is also ok to go outside of the paper box because you'll probably have to trim it anyway and that way you won't have white showing}  I filled this bottom half with rectangle that was a grey color. I used a darker grey for text because I didn't like the way black stood out. I downloaded the font Radaern. {just google free fonts}. 

I used the definition of the name. I combined a bunch from various sites. This is what I put for Samantha:
sa-MAN-thah  —sə mant̸hə —–noun, 1. a female given name: from an Aramaic word meaning “listener”. 2. Feminine form of Samuel (Hebrew) "God heard"; 3. Also contains the Greek -antha which means "flower"; 4. a good listener or a listener of God, or God has heard 5. Slang: Sam, Sammy. 6. Best Friend; 7. Maid Of Honor
 I made up the slang and am going to put Friend and Bridesmaid on the others. I printed it on a regular sized piece of paper but will probably do cardstock on the final one. I also thought about maybe printing it on photo paper but haven't decided about that yet. 

If you have more questions let me know!



 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love this idea! Do you happen to recall the size of the frame???

    ReplyDelete