Sunday, January 19, 2014

DIY: Girly Monster bag

Just a quick post to show you one of my Christmas crafts this year. I love making homemade gifts. My goal for this Christmas is that everyone we gift for will get at least one homemade item.  This was almost successful this year. We had a few tricky brothers to buy for but I'm already looking for ideas for this year! :) So family, if there's anything that you want let me know! I've been itching to get to crafting again but school is priority right now!

So a quick post, mostly of the pictures. You can find my original monster tote tutorial here. I received word that a little girl was borrowing her brothers bag so decided she needed a more appropriate girly bag for her own use. I had all the supplies except the eyes and bag which were found in a local shop. It's a pretty easy bag to make.


I also happened to have some left over pink camo fabric left over from another project for her so I used some glittery iron-on letters I had for her name and stitched it on the back. No stealing this bag from her brother! The bow is just a small rectangle with another small strip wrapped around and hot glued together. For this one, I used a jersey t-shirt so the edges of the bow and monster shouldn't ravel.  

My original idea for this bag came from Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! 

I'd love to see your creations! 

~Enjoy!~
 ~H~

No comments:

Post a Comment