Thursday, May 24, 2012

Delish:HERSHEY'S Perfect White Chip Chocolate Cookies

I have always loved baking. Pies are probably my specialty, but it really doesn't matter, I'll try everything at least once. That was the goal for these cookies the last time I made them. I had gotten white chocolate chips for something else and never got around to making it and didn't have a full bag of regular chips but wanted to bake. The recipe is on the back of Hershey's white chocolate chips, but here it is from the website.


Hershey's Perfect White Chip Chocolate Cookies 

(link to website) 

 <my printable version> 

Ingredients

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350°F.
  2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in white chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking; flatten upon cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
 This recipe really does make about 4 dozen cookies, (not like other that say they do but you only get about 2. ) The dough will be kinda stiff when you get all the flour in but that's how it's supposed to be. I always press my cookies down a bit before baking, but I suppose you wouldn't have to. Depending on your oven 9 minutes is about perfect for mine because you want them to be a little bit soft. I guarantee you won't be able to eat just one. (sorry for terrible pictures, I'm not a photographer!)

In other news, I have an ADORABLE new nephew. I'm pretty excited about it, but they live in Texas so I won't be able to see him in person for a while. Although we're thinking about making a trip down later this fall. Despite only seeing a few pictures of him and him only being born yesterday about noon, Rylan has stolen my heart! How could he not!? So precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment