Hershey's Perfect White Chip Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in white chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking; flatten upon cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
This recipe really does make about 4 dozen cookies, (not like other that say they do but you only get about 2. ) The dough will be kinda stiff when you get all the flour in but that's how it's supposed to be. I always press my cookies down a bit before baking, but I suppose you wouldn't have to. Depending on your oven 9 minutes is about perfect for mine because you want them to be a little bit soft. I guarantee you won't be able to eat just one. (sorry for terrible pictures, I'm not a photographer!)
In other news, I have an ADORABLE new nephew. I'm pretty excited about it, but they live in Texas so I won't be able to see him in person for a while. Although we're thinking about making a trip down later this fall. Despite only seeing a few pictures of him and him only being born yesterday about noon, Rylan has stolen my heart! How could he not!? So precious.