Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Perfect timing?

Source


I just finished listening to a sermon preached at Federated Fellowship a few weeks ago by Don Long.  It was perfect for what I’ve been going through lately.  I jotted a few thoughts as I listened. You can find the sermon here
God’s perfect timing is something that is challenging and hard to understand but something that we need to understand and figure out. Trust. :)  

(PS my notes are just that, notes and may not make sense but hopefully they’re helpfully or make you think)

God. What were you thinking? Why did that go that way? Why not me? How come?

How can we be honest and vulnerable in our prayers. I don’t understand and I might not like it but it’s not my plans or my timing. I may wonder where I’ll end up or how this will ever work out but it will.   

John 11:21 ‘"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died.”

Perfect job for me but I heard about it too late, someone else got it. If only I was XYZ…
We are so easy to place blame on others not realizing how lucky we have it or how valuable our life is. Maybe this is in God’s hands and part of God’s perfect plan.

Hold strong in our faith in God. There are so many events that occur in our life, we can’t place events into our time frame. What is the perfect time for anything?

Romans 5:6 “For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.”

What are we thinking about God during those times. God has the timing, never early, never late. We can be frustrated and angry but need to understand that through it all it’s just the right time.  “I don’t get it. Why now?” I don’t understand and don’t like it but am trusting that this is the perfect timing.  

Hindsight is 20/20 in the end it might all make sense, however we still might not understand it. I often think about this with Randy and I.  He wanted to join the Navy or Army after high school but due to a cataract that previously happened he was unable to.  This made him follow a different career path which eventually lead him to Pella. Where we met.  His mom also had a miscarriage before him. This means Randy was only born when he was because of that.


I trust you, God. We give up our full trust to the Lord when we die and go to heaven. How can we not trust in these small situations.  God has never made a promise he will break. “I will never leave you or forsake you.”

We harden and let the evil in to tweak our mind and thoughts that God is not working for the good for us.  If we don’t get our way, we don’t understand.  That’s not God working.  We have to strive to remember our God is of just the right time. He keeps his promises.  We are in the place we are supposed to be at the timing we’re supposed to be.  God is faithful and just. God knows, even when we are questioning.  
He ended with

Psalm 57:2

I cry out to God Most High,    to God who fulfills his purpose for me.


I’ll end with my probably number 1 favorite verse:

Jeremiah 29:11


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Questions? Comments? Let me know

~H

No comments:

Post a Comment