Friday, October 5, 2012

Eat: Apple Crisp.

Things have been pretty busy for me lately but I did find a few minutes to make an apple crisp the other day. School is into mid term time so things are picking up quite quickly but it's going well! :)

To me, Apple Crisp is probably the epitome of fall desserts. The greatest part is it takes like literally 5 minutes to throw together and about a half hour to bake and most often the only thing you need to grab before making it is the apples. Super awesome for if you need to throw together a dessert in a hurry. And honestly who doesn't like apple crisp!?


<Print This Recipe>
Here's what you need:

6 cups peeled, sliced apples (about 6 large apples, I used Jonathan but there's a pin out there somewhere about what apple to use when. It seems to have gone into pin eternity for me...)
1/2 cup granulated sugar (more or less depending on the sweetness of your apples.)
2 teaspoons cinnamon or nutmeg
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Peel and slice your apples. I HIGHLY recommend getting a peeler-corer-slicer if you do a lot of baking with apples. I love mine from Pampered Chef.[buy one here there are off brand versions that probably work just as good] I did not take a picture of me using it. I also don't have the wooden block for it but maybe I'll get the hubs to make one for me. It attaches onto counter tops good too.

Next combine regular sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. When that's all mixed together well toss it in with the apples, make sure they're good and coated. Let them set a little while while you mix up the toppings.
Mix up the flour, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. What I like to do is either use a fork or 2 butter knives till it makes small little crumbles.

Put the apples into a baking dish. I used a square 2 quart? dish. You wanna make sure they're kind of level. Then spread the crumbles over top pretty evenly.  


Bake at 350F for about 30-35 minutes. Make sure the apples are tender and it's browned on top.

Best served warm with vanilla ice cream. :) ~Enjoy!~

No comments:

Post a Comment